Articles 83 out of 895 | Showing 1 records/page
Optalis celebrates its 1st birthday!
Date of article: 03-Jul-12
June saw Optalis reach its first birthday!
In June 2011, Optalis took control of all Wokingham Borough Council’s adult social care provided services. Since then, its highly-experienced and professional staff have worked hard to move the company forward, and they continue to provide high quality, specialist services to its customers.
Milestones we've achieved in our first year:
· We finalised our company Core Values, with the values themselves being decided and written directly by our staff.
· We launched a new ‘Out and About’ service for people with a physical and/or learning disability.
· In early 2012, the Supported Employment Service launched a new Mediation Service which will offer help to employers and their staff. The service has already had some success in helping resolve work disputes.
· We now provide care and support for people in four additional residential homes after winning a new contract from Wokingham Borough Council in April this year.
· Our Sensory Needs Service launched a new ‘drop-in’ equipment advice service (through visits to local hospitals’ Audiology departments) for people who are Deaf or hard of hearing.
Managing Director Andrew Pickup said: “Developing what is essentially a new business is an exciting and challenging venture. We have an ambitious plan to grow and develop our range of specialist services and I’m pleased that staff are responding and displaying a growing entrepreneurialism in this effort.
"Our main focus through this first year has been on ensuring that Optalis continues to provide its services with an emphasis on the highest quality standards. All staff have been exceptional in this regard based on the sheer number of compliments we receive from our customers. I am looking forward to the continued pace of change that is beginning to truly differentiate Optalis in the market for care and support.“
Staff across the organisation were treated to birthday cakes at the end of last week (June 29) to say ‘thank you’ for their continued hard work and dedication. A staff raffle has also been organised, with prizes donated from many local businesses including TG Art Gallery, WGK Restaurant, The Regal Picturehouse Cinema, PureSpa Products, Waterstone's and Blackwell’s Bookshop.
All proceeds from donations will go to newly launched charity Younger People with Dementia (West Berkshire). Caroline Blanchette, Trustee at YPWD said: “We were delighted when we were told that Optalis would be raising money to support our new charity.
“We have only formally launched our charity this month, so to be advised of this generosity was absolutely wonderful. We are looking forward to making a difference within the local area and this money will assist us in doing this. Our thanks go to all at Optalis for choosing us. It is very much appreciated.”