This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Registered Manager
Job Setting: Agency Office
Job Role: Registered Manager / Service Manager
06 Dec 2017
Everycare (Central Surrey) Ltd
View all jobs posted by Everycare Ltd
per annum Bonus scheme currently £3500 + Full Private Medical Insuranc
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Pauline Herring
We are looking for a mature, dynamic Registered Manager who wants to
help grow our successful homecare agency.
Purpose of role
To provide high-quality homecare services that support clients to
remain in their own homes for as long as possible, rather than moving
to a residential setting. The Registered Manager is directly
accountable to the owners and to the regulatory body i.e. Care Quality
Commission (CQC) for domiciliary care.
- Lead and manage proficiently the day to day running of the business.
- Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality
homecare to clients.
- Overall managementof all aspects of the staff within the care
team, this includes the Care Co-ordinators, Supervisors,
Administrators and Carers.
- Provide comprehensive leadership to ensure staff are clear about
their respective roles and duties in order for them to receive the
support they need to carry out their roles safely.
- To undertake on-call duties evenings & weekends as required.
Duties and specific responsibilities
Manage the safety and quality of the business
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with
legislative requirements and the Companies policies and procedures
- Undertake further training and personal development in order to
keep up to date with the law, best practice and any changes. This
will be in order to apply this knowledge in the day to day
management and delivery of care.
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in
- Act as lead for infection prevention and control
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems to ensure
the effective running of the business in accordance with allCompany
and legal requirements.
- Efficiently manage complaints and incidents within time limits.
- Complete investigations relating to the quality of the service and
use results to make improvements as necessary
- Apply and introduce quality management and improvement systems.
- Be willing to work flexibly to ensure the safe and timely delivery
of the care services
Provide an excellent and quality service to clients
- Promote the human and civil rights of each client and keep their
needs at the centre of their care and support through excellent Care Planning.
- Ensure that before service commences, that a thorough client
assessment and risk assessment is undertaken with them or their
designated representative has been completed which includes what
they want to achieve from their care from the company. This must
include their needs whilst showing respect and treating the client
- Agree with the client or their representative appropriate risk
control in order to reduce any identified risks.
- Offer the client, and where appropriate their representatives, all
available information about the service they will be receiving in
order that they are clear about what to expect and how they can
raise any concerns they may have.
- Exceptional communication skills with clients, their families and
representatives, staff and other health and social care
professionals to deliver high-quality homecare services.
- Retain all information about customers and their families secure
Lead and manage staff
- Lead and manage the effective recruitment, induction and training
of the care coordinator/s, supervisor/s, administrators and care
workers. Identify ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to
date with current best practice.
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff
allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times.
Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing
absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters.
- Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable
staff to effectively and safely carry out their roles. Carry out
appraisals and monitoring of staff performance.
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively,
such as covering calls either directly or indirectly when Carers are
sick or absent from work.
Promote the business
- Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner
- Participate in the growth and development of the business.
- Work with the Franchise Owner to achieve sales targets and deliver
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required
to undertake additional duties including care. We will provide full
training in line with regulatory requirements.
- Must have S/NVQ L5 or equivalent or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification
- Excellent understanding of the needs of people who require care and support at home and the provision of homecare services in the line with best practice.
- Understanding of systems to maintain confidentiality in relation to customers
- staff and the business.
- Knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to homecare services and risk management.
- Excellent communication skills. Experience of building positive working relationships.
- Ability to undertake administrative and computer work
- Full driver's licence with no more than 6 points and Class 1 business insurance