share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2018-01-08 Home Care Job Title: Home Care Worker
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Carer / Support Worker
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017
Job Location: Leicester , Leicestershire
Company: Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland
Salary: £7.60 per hour Travel time and mileage paid
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Roisin Connor
To provide high quality, responsive domestic support that meets individual client needs in the least restrictive way and in line with their care plan
To observe and promote client’s choice, independence, dignity, privacy and fulfilment
To provide non-discriminatory care and support ensuring that cultural needs are respected
To establish and maintain good professional relationships with clients, their family and friends and other stakeholders
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assistance with the activities of daily living
2. Provide companionship services which may involve trips out in to the community
3. Support clients to maintain relationships that are important to them, including contact with family and friends
4. Shopping (including preparation of shopping lists)
5. Assistance with paying bills
6. Preparation of snacks and meals
7. Assistance with prescribed medication (only when appropriately trained)
8. General cleaning and laundry
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
1. Assistance with dressing and undressing
2. Assistance with washing/showering/bathing and cleaning teeth/dentures
3. Assistance with skin and nail care
4. Assistance with hair care including washing and brushing
5. Assistance with toileting and continence management
6. Assistance with getting up in the morning and going to bed at night
7. Day/evening/night sitting services, as required
8. Assistance with feeding, as required (under appropriate nursing supervision)
9. Assistance with prescribed medication
1. To maintain accurate and up to date daily records of client care and support
2. Maintain accurate records of financial transactions in line with Age UK’s policy and procedures
3. Submit accurate records of mileage as required
4. Submit client timesheets on a weekly basis
5. To record visits by phone using a Telemonitor system (if applicable)
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION:
1. To participate in induction training and regular in-service mandatory training programmes.
2. To discuss with line manager further training and development needs and to undergo appropriate training and development as required
3. To participate in regular supervision sessions and the organisation’s annual Review and Development appraisal
4. To participate in staff and team meetings.
1. To immediately report accidents and any serious incident including safeguarding issues in line with organisational procedures
2. To immediately report any changes or concerns about clients including ‘no reply’ situations
3. Participate in the review of care plans as required
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. To work within Health & Safety regulations, ensuring a safe working environment.
2. To read all policies and staff handbook and understand their practical implementation with specific regard to Health and Safety, including manual handling, accident reporting and fire procedures
1. To be aware of and implement all Age UK Leicester Shire and Rutland’s policies in relation to the role specifically with regard to Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity, Handling Money, Confidentiality, Complaints, Professional Boundaries, Safeguarding Adults and Access to Records.
2. This post is subject to a disclosure application with the Disclosure & Barring Service as to the existence and content of any criminal record.
3. Any other duties that may reasonably fall within the purview of the job.
This Job Description sets out the responsibilities of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed. Variations are a common occurrence and do not of themselves constitute additional responsibilities.