This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Care Manager
Job Setting: Agency Office
Job Role: Registered Manager / Service Manager
13 Dec 2017
, West Yorkshire
Home Instead Senior Care (Wakefield)
View all jobs posted by Home Instead Senior Care
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Jason
Home Instead Senior Care
Care Manager Job Description
We are looking for a passionate Care Manager with a proven ability to
manage and lead a team and deliver growth. They must have experience
in the Care Industry and have Business/Office Manager experience and
have a very good understanding of the CQC.
Responsible for the efficient running of the business and managing
the needs of the clients and day to day management of internal staff
- Accountable to the owners of the business
- Achievement of targets and delivery within budgets
- Management of staff and responsibility for their workload
- To ensure successful operation of quality control systems
- Implementation of complaints procedure
- To participate in the growth and development of the business,
locally and regionally through various marketing, networking and
business development opportunities
- Plan, allocate and evaluate the workload of all staff
- Create and maintain administrative systems
- Recruit, select and effectively supervise a dispersed workforce
- Must ensure that all scheduling is completed in advance of shifts.
- Training and supervision/appraisal of all office staff and CAREGivers
Management experience of service provision in the care profession.
Minimum standard of ‘working towards’ level 5 QCF diploma in care and
the Registered Manager’s Award or equivalent in order to satisfy
- Excellent communication and office skills
- Commercially aware and business focused
- Has experience in leading a team in a busy environment
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Skills in assessment and care planning
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Ability to cope with change
- Has a flexible, positive, approach to work
- Must have a clear DBS
- Must have a full driving license
- Must be acceptable as a Registered Manager to CQC / CSSIW / SSSC /
- Must maintain compliance with all Policy and Procedures.
- Must have a strong knowledge of the requirements of the Care
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must maintain 24-hour availability via an on call rota, for both
staff and clients.
- Processes relating to client introductions, matching, service
calls and quality assurance are all effective.
- Ensure that all clients are treated with dignity and respect.
- Undertake any training that is deemed necessary or mandatory by
- Take part in appraisals, KPI meetings and professional development.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in
accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective
running of the business
- Identify ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to date
with current best practice
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff
allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times.
- Manage absence, disciplinary and grievance matters
- Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively,
such as covering calls either directly or indirectly