share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2018-01-10 Home Care Job Title: Care assistant / Support worker York
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Carer / Support Worker
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2017
Job Location: York , North Yorkshire
Company: Bluebird Care (York)
Salary: £10.00 to £16.00 per hour
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Yvonne Oxendale
We are looking for people who can put the “extra in ordinary” into Care. Don’t be put off if you have never done care before as we can teach you everything you need to know. Maybe you have cared for a relative or friend before; you could use your knowledge to help others remain in their own homes. You need to be caring, and as passionate as we are about providing a top quality caring service.
We try to keep you close to home and we have customers throughout the York area are looking for Care Assistants in the following areas of York , Fulford, Heslington, Murton, Rawcliffe, Osbaldwick, Huntington, Acomb, Dringhouses, Earswick, Skelton, Askham Bryan, Upper Poppleton, Nether Poppleton, Haxby, Rufford, Strensall, in North Yorkshire
What we provide
• Full training provided at our office in York – we can teach you
everything you need to know
• Competitive rates of pay with enhancements for bank holiday and Christmas
• Ongoing training throughout your employment and the opportunity to take Health and Social care qualifications
• Flexible working hours including mornings, evenings & weekends
• You will have a named contact in the office who you can contact for support
• Paid holidays and Free Uniform.
The role of a Care Assistant
• Our care assistants provide care and support to our customers in
their own homes
• Some of our customers like to be taken on trips; this could be a trip to the seaside or just to the local shops. So in addition to providing personal care we also provide a companionship and shopping service
• You will be required to administer our customers medication – but don’t worry we will train you on how to do this
• Our customers also require meal preparation, shopping and light domestic duties
• We do NOT do 15 minute calls
Our Ideal Candidate
• Would be flexible, caring, and reliable and be passionate about
helping others. We want someone who gives the same level of care to
our customers as they would give to their own family
• You must have the Right To Work in the UK
• Be a car owner with a clean and full driving license, we can also have people who have mopeds or motorbikes
• You will need to undergo an enhanced CRB check
• We recruit people who are experienced care assistants or those who have never had a career in care.
We set up in York in 2010 and have been providing the highest standards of care to all of our customers since then. Our care assistants are important to us and we believe in looking after them as well and appreciate the incredible role that they play in upholding our reputation. We offer full support to all of our staff and we have an out of hour’s telephone so that we are available to them for advice and guidance 7 days a week.
Comments from current staff
“There are huge positives to working in care – it’s a career where you can get an enormous sense of personal achievement from knowing you are helping other people. The opportunity to make a real difference to someone’s life is a wonderful and rewarding experience. “
“I joined this company because of its reputation as a care provider that puts customers first and for delivering the level of care that you would expect for your own friends and relatives.”
You too could join our team of professional Care assistants don’t put it off – take the first step and click on apply we will then give you a call to discuss your application further and answer any questions you may have.