£21,000 per annum + on call and care remuneration.
Starcare Ltd is a large service provider to people within their own
homes throughout Cheshire. Due to continued growth and development of
our service, we are looking to increase our team of care
co-ordinators. Our aim at Starcare is to provide our clients with care
teams of the highest calibre and 2018 is the year our valued care team
will benefit from increased office based support.
We will only consider candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Full UK driving licence & access to vehicle at all times
- Previous experience as a coordinator in a home care environment
- Holds or willing to work towards NVQ / QCF level 3 in Adult Health
and Social Care
- Ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of care standards
in domiciliary care
- Able to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- A good working knowledge of health & safety issues
- Resilient, with good interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible and able to work weekends
Your main responsibility will be coordinating Support Worker’s rotas,
within your set geographical area, working closely with your areas
Service Support Officers, whilst dealing with any safeguarding issues
that may arise.
You will be liaising with the Starcare team, social workers and
family of the clients on a daily basis, therefore excellent
communication skills are required. You will be required to meet the
demand for the care packages so must be able to multitask.
Our co-ordinators use software to organise rotas so the successful
candidate must be IT literate, with the ability to learn new software quickly.
You will be working in a very busy office with great people, all very
supportive and friendly, with a great team culture. This is a
fantastic opportunity for someone to progress their career to the next
stage, in an environment where training and prospects are encouraged.
- Receive requests to provide homecare service, and liaise with the
referrer – social services, homecare team or client’s families - how
services can be delivered most effectively to meet the service
- Ensure home visits to complete needs assessments and development
of care plans are undertaken timely by field supervisors, and ensure
all service users’ files are accurate and up-to-date
- Coordinate, plan and manage complex staff rotas, ensuring adequate
staff cover. Ensure changes are reflected as soon as possible on the
- Provision of on-call service outside normal working hours and
maintain a detailed log of all on-call activity. This on-call duty
will be held in rotation by staff in the office
- Participate and supervise in activities of care coordinator
administrators some of which include electronic monitoring and
formulation of support plans.
- The monitoring and implementation of service standards for the
company. Ensure detailed records and documentation are maintained of
all activities as required by company standards.
- Maintain the rostering, holiday schedule, for the payroll and
accounting staff, ensuring they are up-to-date from an
administrative, operational and billing point of view. Implement as
much automation as possible to the smooth running of the operations,
including carers’ availability to undertake shifts.
- Provide support also through timely provision of details of care
and directions for travel to service users’ home, payslips and other
information as required
- Identify team developmental and training needs and oversee the
provision of training as required.
- Develop own skills and knowledge by attending supervision,
training and meetings as required
- Ensure that work undertaken is conducted in a manner which is safe
to staff and service users.
- Responsible for ensuring the provision of equal opportunities to
all work colleagues, job applicants and for those for whom the team
provide a service.
Skills & Abilities:
- Customer care
- Promotion of equal opportunities for service users & staff
- Administrative & organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Strong PC skills
In return, we can offer you:
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- City centre location
- Be part of our annual awards night
- Join our charity events and fundraising committee