Apply for this Job
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: SOCIAL WORKERS
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Social Worker
28 Dec 2017
Verity Group Ltd
View all jobs posted by Verity Group Ltd
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: FELIX ADDAI-KWARTENG
A new multi-disciplinary Access & Referral Inter-borough system
to receive, filter and prioritize all service requests and referrals
to Children’s Services within 24 hours of receipt, backed up by three
specialist Assessment teams focused on assessing Children in Need and
undertaking child protection enquiries.
- With support from an experienced permanent Practice Manager, to
review all incoming contacts & referrals and then support
Referral & Advice Officers with analysis of information gathered
for recommendations on calls and referrals assigned to them.
- To work closely with professionals within and outside of the team
to identify the most appropriate support for children and their
families and make informed recommendations to the manager for decision.
- Where required to research, determine and arrange urgent Strategy
Meetings in a timely manner with appropriate professionals where
there is a risk of significant harm to a child
- To ensure referrers and families are informed of outcome of the
referral in writing where appropriate and undertake the necessary recording.
- To attend multi-agency network meetings to present information
about the team, thresholds and processes.
- To attend multi-agency information sharing meetings and
arrangements to identify children and families that may need to be
referred to Children’s Services.
- To build effective links with partner agencies to further develop
the understanding of thresholds and services.
- To ensure that children are seen alone, their wishes and feelings
are ascertained and this is reflected in the assessment and case recordings.
- To address the reasons for referral with the care givers and
capture these in the Single Assessment.
- To support families via child in need and child protection
processes, undertaking section 47 child protection investigations
and also when required request removal of children from their
families via Public Law Processes.
- To be responsible for assessing and ensuring the right outcomes
are realized for the family in the interim – case closure, step down
to early help, transfer via child in need, child protection or child
looked after processes.
- To inform referrers and other involved professionals the outcome
of the assessment where appropriate.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Join us and you will get:
- Highly competitive salary
- Managed caseloads
- Regular supervision with space for reflective practice
- Strong and supportive team membership
- Team-based learning opportunities
- A joint training programme with University departments (please
visit CBC Academy of Social Work and Early Intervention for more information).
- • You must be HCPC registered as a Social worker with at least 1 years’ relevant post qualifying statutory experience.