Apply for this Job
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Senior Home Support Worker
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Team Leader / Senior Carer
29 Dec 2017
, South Yorkshire
Excell Home Care Ltd
View all jobs posted by Excell Home Care Ltd
per hour Depends on age and experience/qualifications
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Louise Baker
Senior Home Cae
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON
SPECIFICATION SENIOR HOME SUPPORT WORKER
Responsible to: Registered Manager
Purpose of Position To share with other staff in
meeting the personal care needs of service users in a way that
respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Care
provided by support workers is expected to include care that would
reasonably be given by members of the service user's own family and is
not expected to include tasks that would normally be expected to be
undertaken by a trained nurse. To assist the Registered Manager in
specific duties that are specific to the grade.
- To assist service users who need help with getting up in the
morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and the toilet.
- To help service users with mobility problems and other physical
disabilities, including incontinence and help in use and care of
aids and personal equipment.
- To care for service users who are temporarily sick and needing,
for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding, etc.
- To help care for service users who are dying.
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of
service users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with
them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds; tidy rooms; do light cleaning and empty commodes.
- Serve meals; feed service users who need help; prepare light meals
and wash up.
- To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- To comply with the Excell Home Care's policies and procedures at
- To report to the Registered Manager any significant changes in the
health or circumstances of a service user.
- To encourage service users to remain as independent as possible.
- To ensure that home file records are maintained.
- To carry out duties in accordance with the Personal Service User
plan (care plan).
- To complete medication record if applicable.
- To complete mileage record in order that mileage allowance can be paid.
- To complete accident/incident form in the event of an accident/incident.
- To undertake required training.
- You will be required to comply with the code of conduct and
practice of the Care Quality Commission.
- You will be required to notify the company immediately if you
commit or are charged with a criminal offence, including a motoring
offence, during your employment.
- To complete risk assessments/reviews for service users in their
- To be part of an on call rota along with the care coordinator and
- To mentor/monitor and support domiciliary support workers to
improve performance and quality of care provided.
Care workers may work over the weekend or evenings so the post
holder must be willing to be part of the on call emergency team rota.
Person Specification — Essential Criteria
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the
post of support worker:
- Self motivated
- Sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm
- An active team player but also able to work on own initiative
- A good communicator
- A full UK driving licence
- Have a level 2 certificate in health and social care.
All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters
that they might learn in the course of their employment. All staff are
expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection
Act 1998 .
All staff must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities
under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Full training and induction will be provided.
- Care Certificate training given.
- We pay excellent rates starting at £7.50/£7.70(age dependent) and
include enhancements for Level 2 & 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Mileage at 25 pence per mile.
- Uniform and equipment provided.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Pension Scheme.
- Fully funded Diploma in Health and Social Care(L2 and/or L3).
- Time and a half for weekends and bank holidays.
- Opportunities to progress to a senior position.
Areas we cover are S2, S12, S13, S20 and S18. Walking rounds
available in S2, S13 and S12.
- team player