share this job on:
2018-02-01 Home Care Job Title: Community Support Workers
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Carer / Support Worker
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018
Job Location: Tunbridge Wells , Kent
Company: Terrablu Ltd
Salary: £8.00 to £10.00 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Julia Mead
SCOPE OF POSITION
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of clients in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Care provided by care staff is expected to include care that would reasonably be given by members of the clients own family and is not expected to include tasks that would normally be expected to be undertaken by a trained nurse.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· To assist clients with personal care needs including dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and toileting.
· To assist clients with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence and the use of care aids and personal equipment.
· To care for clients who are temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding etc.
· To assist in the care of clients who are dying.
· To promote mental and physical activity of clients through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
· To make and change beds; tidy rooms; do light cleaning and empty commodes.
· To deal with personal laundry of client.
· To prepare and serve meals; enable clients to meet their nutritional needs; wash up, tidy and clear preparation and dining areas.
· To report to the Care Coordinator or Care Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a client.
· To encourage clients to remain as independent as possible.
· To assist clients with collection of prescriptions and complying with medication instructions.
· To conform to all Policies and Procedures laid down by Terrablu in respect of carrying out these care duties and in other administrative aspects of the business as relevant.
· To participate as directed by the Care Manager in induction training and regular service training programmes.
· To maintain accurate, concise and timely records of client care and diary sheets
· To participate in staff and team meetings as directed by the Care Manager or Assistant Care Manager.
· To participate in reviews of client Care Plans as required.
· To be prepared, on occasion, to undertake any other duties in line with the main responsibilities of the post at the request of the Care Manager or Care Co-ordinator.
· To log in and out on the electronic monitoring system at clients homes.
All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment. All staff are expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998.
All staff must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974.