share this job on:
2018-02-02 Home Care Job Title: Care Assistant
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Carer / Support Worker
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2018
Job Location: Ealing , London
Salary: £9.00 per hour Other benefits included
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Dean Morley
JOB DESCRIPTION: CARE WORKER
Reports to: Care Manager / Supervisor
Summary of position
To support each customer to remain living in their own homes for as long as they require.
To provide each customer with a high quality of care, that is respectful, dignified and encourages independence whilst adhering to the customers care and support plan. Document and report all relevant customer care information.
Duties and responsibilities
· To assist customers with all aspects of their personal care, including;
o Showering and bathing;
o Dressing and grooming;
o Toileting and incontinence;
o Teeth and dentures.
· To assist customers with all aspects of medication, including;
o Communicating with the pharmacy and pick up;
· To assist customers with all aspects of their meal preparation, including;
o Cooking and re-heating;
o Preparing and serving of meals;
o Preparing and clearing the table;
o Safe storage and infection control;
o Communicating with the customer and disposing of unsafe food.
· To support customers in the use of aids and personal equipment, including;
o Standing and walking frames;
o Manual and electric hoists;
o Sliding sheets and moving boards;
o Hearing aids and other physical aids.
· To support customers with home management, including;
o Hovering and sweeping;
o Washing and storing the dishes;
o Washing clothes and hanging them up;
o Making beds and changing the lining;
o Dusting and general tidying;
o Answer the door and greet visitors;
o Answer emergency bells and the telephone.
· To help in the promotion of a customer’s mental and physical activities, such as;
o Communication and engagement;
o Going out;
o Reading, photo albums and writing;
o Hobbies and recreations.
· To document and report all relevant customer information, including;
o Changes to a customer’s care;
o Emergency management;
o Family involvement;
o External health teams.
· To support a customer through temporary and terminal illness, including;
o End of life care;
o Hospital appointments;
o Personal care in bed;
o Community health support.
· To work as part of the Bluebird Care team, which includes;
o Take part in staff and customer meetings;
o Training activities as directed;
o To read and write reports;
o To attend appraisal and development meetings;
o To communicate in various formats.
· To comply with the Bluebird Care business guidelines and policies at all times.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be asked to undertake additional duties.
Caring and empathic nature
Knowledge of the care sector
Previous experience as a care worker
Good organisational skills
Medication administration qualification
S/NVQ/QCF Level 2 or equivalent
Excellent communication skills – verbal, written
Knowledge of health and safety
Good reporting skills both verbal and written
Flexible approach to working
Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
Full drivers licence – no more than 6 points
Willingness to undertake the companies policies and procedures
Ability to act quickly in an emergency
Clear understanding of good quality
Clear police check relevant to country of residence
Class 1 business insurance (when using own car)