Apply for this Job
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Team Supervisor
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Team Leader / Senior Carer
05 Jan 2018
Q Care Ltd (Caerphilly & Newport)
View all jobs posted by Q Care Ltd
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Laura Bates
The role will be to train, support, mentor and supervise a team of up
to 15 support staff in the community/office to ensure that they are
able to and are delivering high quality care and support to service
users, in accordance with current care standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that Support staff receive appropriate shadowing and
community based training prior to commencement of duties.
- To assist with completion Induction Framework for Support Workers
within 12 weeks of Support Staff commencing duties
- To provide the delivery of community based training with all
support workers, working flexibly to suit the training needs of
- To identify training and development needs of support staff and
report to the appropriate person if any further training is required.
- Complete regular supervisions (office and team meetings), spot
checks and competency assessments etc for Support Workers as per
company process to ensure compliance and if needed record on Q Cares
compliance grid ensuring to feedback and action all discussions and
outcomes. This may include planning and leading group meetings on a
quarterly basis with Registered Manager.
- To assist with the investigation of Disciplinary and Grievance
Procedures when required.
- Ensure that all documentation in Support Worker files pertaining
to your role meets legislative requirements and company standard.
- Assist in the management of Q Care’s absence monitoring procedures
through completing return to work interviews and recording absences
in line with company process.
- Build and shape professional working relationships.
- Act as a conduit for support workers to raise any concerns or
issues that may have.
- Maintain morale by communicating with the work force on a regular basis.
- Develop as a ‘specialist’ in area within Health and Social Care as
determined by Registered Manager.