2018-06-02 Care Homes Job Title: Care Assistant
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Carer / Support Worker
Date Posted: 03 May 2018
Job Location: Falkirk
Salary: £9.00 to £9.25 per hour
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Mark Smith
Winner of the Care at Home Provider of the Year 2015 at the Scottish Care Awards.
Montana Home Care Ltd is a local family run company that has been providing a care at home service to the Falkirk Council area since 2004.The company prides itself on the quality of care that we provide and our dedication to our clients.
We are looking for full and part time Care Assistants, being a car driver and having your own car is a requirement of the role.
Full time is generally 35 hrs per week upwards.
It's 5 days out of 7 and you will be off every 3rd weekend.
Part-time hours are generally from 16 to 30 hrs per week.
It's 5 days out of 7 and the shift patterns available are morning and lunch, morning, lunch and tea, teas and evening and evenings only. You will be off every 3rd weekend.
The shift times (all approx.) are morning: 7.00am till 10.30am, lunch: 11.30am till 1.00pm, tea: 3.00pm till 5.00pm and evening: 6.30pm till 10.30pm.
The main duties of the Care Assistant are providing personal care: bathing, washing, showering and preparing meals.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) application, the cost of which will be paid by the applicant and also register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of starting.
· Starting pay of £9.00ph increasing to £9.25ph, after training (approx. 4 weeks).
· Paid per shift not per client, travel time included.
· Free full uniform provided (tunics, trousers, jacket, ID badge, personal alarm).
· Comprehensive training and working with a Senior Care Assistant/Experienced Care Assistant for up to 4 weeks.
· Opportunity to complete SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare.
· Pension scheme, with employer contribution.
· Pamper Day, free health and beauty treatments, every 4 weeks.
· Opportunity for career progression.