Care Assistant (Radfield Home Care)
Job Title: Care Assistant (Radfield Home Care)
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Carer / Support Worker
03 May 2018
, East Sussex
per hour Includes PLUS paid mileage, PLUS paid training.
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Samuel Holmes
ref homecare.co.uk HAR
We are currently looking for candidates who have some experience in a
caring role and who are compassionate toward older people.
The Care Certificate is desirable
Radfield Home Care specialises in the care of older people in the
community. We provide a reliable, individually tailored service which
promotes independence and enables people to continue living at home.
Car driver is essential as you will be required to
deliver care across Hasting and Rother.
Enhanced DBS Check will be carried out on successful candidates prior
to commencing work.
Radfield Home Care values its care staff and offers a career which
includes a comprehensive induction, ongoing training and personal
development. We also provide regular supervision together with
practical and emotional support to ensure our high standards are maintained.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are delivered and
maintained at all times
- To undertake all duties in accordance with the policies and
procedures of Radfield Home Care.
- Duties will include aspects of personal care to allow our clients
to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance.
- Assisting in the preparation of meals, drink and snacks. Enable
people who use our services to remain as independent as possible
with this task.
- To provide assistance with practical activities of daily living
which can include cleaning and maintaining environment, shopping,
laundry and banking.
- To assist clients with medication as identified in their care plan.
- Participate in team meetings, staff events, attend training
provided by the company and reviews as required.
- To work in accordance with the weekly work schedule and maintain
client records which includes the completion of MAR Charts.
- To build meaningful relationships with clients and provide
emotional support. Also, support people find ways of maintaining
contact with friends and family and others members of the local community.
- Demonstrate safe moving and handling of clients and their physical
abilities and mobility.
- Act on own initiative and respect client wishes and requests.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Twelve months experience of working in a caring environment
- A warm and friendly personality
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to support others and leadership skills.
- Willingness to develop new skills (to NVQ 3 or equivalent).
Paid travel time of £1.25 per visit.
- Free Uniform
- Flexible shifts according to your availability.
- Ongoing training and personal development
- Opportunity to work for a company which values its carers
- No care experience necessary
- Driving Licence