Job Title: Team Leader
Job Setting: Agency Office
Job Role: Team Leader / Senior Carer
04 May 2018
, North Yorkshire
per annum Pension, Health Scheme, Benefits Scheme
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Sheena Van Parys
The Team Leader is expected to perform a variety of duties in the
completion of service for clients & is expected to assist and
support other staff members in order to provide the highest quality
service to clients.
Accountable to the Head of Care:
- Assist in the development of the philosophy, goals and objectives
for Home Instead Senior Care.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients through
visits, phone calls and care delivery.
- Introduce CAREGivers to clients.
- Ensure CAREGivers are shown the client journal and have a good
understanding of client
- Monitor and report any Health & Safety concerns.
- Support the delivery of team meetings.
- Observe and prepare sign off by the Head of Care of new CAREGivers
as competent to work alone.
- Carry out spot checks at appropriate intervals to ensure service
is being maintained to a high level.
- Participate in the on-call system.
- Provide care to clients as required.
- Update client journal, reporting any changes to the Client Care Manager.
- Support CAREGivers to develop their role and levels of competence
within agreed standards.
- Monitor, mediate and log both client and CAREGivers activity.
- Implement action to meet and maintain care standards
- Attend weekly meetings with other Supervisors, Managers, Head of
Care and office staff.
- Work as part of a team of offering support as required in other areas.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times for all Home Instead
information including client, CAREGivers and office data.
- Carry out any other duties required in the role of Team Leader as appropriate.
- NVQ / Diploma level 2 minimum. Level 3 preferred.