2018-06-08 Care Homes Job Title: Home Care Assistant (Innovative Project)
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Carer / Support Worker
Date Posted: 09 May 2018
Job Location: Manchester , Greater Manchester
Salary: £9.00 to £13.50 per hour
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Tom Ternent
Compassionate & Dedicated Home Care Assistants wanted in
Partington to be part of a new innovative service in partnership
with Trafford Council!
Location: Partington, Trafford, South Manchester
Salary: £9 per hour Weekdays & Weekends, £13.50 per hour Bank Holidays
Contract: Both full- and part-time Guaranteed-Hours positions available. Pay rate applicable for the duration of the Partington Pilot Project (ongoing) with a permanent position with the company to provide Home Care in Trafford.
About this Project:
We are working in partnership with Trafford Council to improve outcomes for adults in Partington who have health & social care needs.
We are developing training to upskill our applicants to provide some health tasks that were previously provided by other Healthcare professionals.
This offers the opportunity, later in the life of the project, to become an Enhanced Care Worker, with further increased pay rates, and to access training and skills above and beyond any other Home Care Assistants in Greater Manchester.
About the company:
Established in 1993, we are a Home Care provider supporting Older People & Adults with Disabilities in their own homes in the Trafford area of South Manchester. We are a member of the Trafford Council Home Care Framework, the Trafford CCG Home Care Approved Provider List, and holders of the Trafford ‘Dignity in Care’ Award.
We have a team of passionate and dedicated Home Care Assistants with a reputation for delivering high-quality care, as seen in our independent 5* NHS Choices reviews.
The role of the Home Care Assistant:
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting our Clients, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, housework and all other aspects of daily living.
- Read and adhere to Care Plans for each individual Client.
- Work in a person-centred way at all times
- Continual professional development with annual refresher training and working towards Level 2 or 3 NVQ/QCF
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Requirements of the Home Care Assistant:
- Formal experience is desired but not essential, and full induction & Care Certificate training is provided free of charge, with paid work shadowing to allow you to gain experience & build your skills.
- You must be able to communicate Clearly and confidently in written and spoken English
- Candidates must live in Trafford or a neighbouring postcode and be prepared to work some evenings and weekends as part of their rota.
- Candidates do not need a car for this role (although a car or bike would be useful for your role)
An Enhanced CRB/DBS Disclosure check must be completed, together with 2 satisfactory written references. If you have an Enhanced Disclosure that is less than 3 months old, we can fast-track your application.
Benefits offered to the Home Care Assistants:
- 12% holiday accumulative (equivalent of 28 days holiday for full-time workers, including bank holidays).
- Uniform, disposable gloves & aprons provided free of charge.
- Access to an online staff shopping discount site (Petrol discount, Grocery discounts, Restaurant offers etc).
TLC is an Equal Opportunities Employer, however, due to the nature of the position; this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance, there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit female Home Care Assistants.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this role is right for you then please apply today!