Job Title: Support Worker
Job Setting: Clients Home
Job Role: Carer / Support Worker
14 May 2018
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Emma Rees
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary ranging from £8.00 to £9.84 per hour
- with additional attractive benefits for full time, part time and
- These include career progression opportunities with support in -
personal development, - health cash plan (applies to contracted
staff), - monthly personal trainer sessions, - £200 recommend a
- The shifts are often between 10-12 hrs and will include evenings,
weekends, bank holidays in addition to waking nights.
- We encourage support workers to work at all of our homes to gain
experience of working with different individuals in different environments.
About React Support Services
- We are a fast growing company with new home developments in the
Cardiff central suburbs and we are looking for Support Workers and
Senior Support Workers to join our dedicated team and help us to
continue to provide a high standard of support and rehabilitation in
their daily living.
- We've been established for 9 years now and have had great success
with our 4 stage recovery model, supporting individuals to recognise
choice, dignity, respect, privacy, self-worth and community participation.
- We offer services in staffed houses, providing tailored packages.
- All our homes are situated in the Cardiff central suburbs with
easy access to public transport so a driving license isn't required
for this role.
About the Role:
- Each employee will experience a detailed induction programme and
it's important for us to ensure our employees have the right
training so regular comprehensive training in specialist areas
occurs, in addition, we want to give employees time to reflect and
discuss treatment and support with fellow colleagues so regular team
meetings and supervisions are also organised regularly.
Requirements of the Role:
- Knowledge and experience of working with people with mental health
disorders is essential, as well as an ability to demonstrate an
understanding of how to support individuals with making informed
decisions on their care and treatment.
- We will also consider candidates with academic study in a relevant area.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate interpersonal skills and a
genuine interest in working with our client group.
- We are looking for support workers who have a willingness to learn.
About our Care
- Our individuals may be diagnosed with Personality Disorder,
Schizophrenia, Depression, Bi Polar Disorder, Acquired Brain
Injuries and /or Mild Learning Difficulties.
- Our individuals may display challenging behaviours such as
self-harm, suicidal behaviour and verbal hostility.
- The work is interesting and rewarding as a result of the complex
needs of the client group.